Pinterest

Friday, August 28, 2015

Kingfisher bird

I love birds. I love colorful birds especially. I thought I would do a series on colorful birds.
This ornament was a practice run and not forsale.  
He is a Kingfischer bird.  I think he came out pretty awesome. 
I drew him first and then printed in faded ink so I could color him without black lines. 
It is called No-lines technique.
Then I water colored his base colors and then used pastel pencils to do his details.

I then sealed him with a wax sealer and then used Copics to give him some shadows and depth. 

It was not so much like stamping, as real art work.
He will hang proudly on my Christmas tree this year. :) 






Join us at the House Mouse Facebook group for card making


You can reach me at: kidznlildogz@aol.com



No comments:

Post a Comment